Welcome to your virtual designer... Sometimes, when people ask me what I think about a design project they've tackled on their own, I am left thinking, "Oh, I wish you would have asked me before you spent the money/time on that." Sometimes, the advice is as simple as, "two inches to the left" or "add a contrast color" or "one shade darker" or "no, that chair is way too big for your space" and the design goes from "nice" to "wow!" So, please, please ask me BEFORE you pick a paint color, hang a curtain, or select a flooring.

This is how it works: I am open to any and all design related questions. Just post your question on this blog or email it to me at yabdesign2000@yahoo.com. You can also send me a picture of the item or space for which you need advice. Then I will post your question and answer for others to see and reference. I believe so much in preventing design disasters that I would even make Skype appointments if you have a bigger design dilemma you want to run by me.

So, tell your friends and family and send in your questions and I will address them one by one. I'm looking forward to working with you!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tip of the Day - Lighting 2 - Night stand lighting


UP, UP and AWAY!

OK. So, my two year old may be little for his age, but as the last of 5 kids, he is definitely tough and determined. When he wants to climb up in bed with me, he reaches as far as he can with both hands to grab the sheet and he pulls with all his might as his little frog legs flip around searching for something with leverage. That is when he found false anchorage on my night-time reading pile of magazines and a novel. With one strong push, there went my pile, and my night stand lamp and everything made a crash landing. Ahhhg!

First of all, I obviously had too much junk on my night stand. Second of all, I know better about the lamp!! So, for all of you out there who can relate to my story... If you have small night stands or little kids or both, try investing in wall sconces. They run about $30+ and they are actually really pretty. You can also get a cord cover for about $8 that will hide the cord behind the metal protector - keeping it out of sight from curious hip-high eyes and fingers.

Ahhhh. A clean and organized table surface, now with space to spare. And the lamp? Up, up and away! Sigh...

A great and inexpensive place to start your search for bedroom wall sconces:

No comments:

Post a Comment